These butterfly soaps are quick and easy to create, and make perfect gifts, use to decorate the bathroom,
or just when you want to spend some quality creative time in your soap room!
Note: This mould is deeper at one end. I poured level to the lower edge (tail end!) of the moulds.
If you would like to make a deeper bar, nestle the moulds into a tray of rice or similar until they are level.
- 150g (per 2 soaps) Melt & Pour Soap Base of choice (I used Palm Free Mango Butter and Crystal RC Palm Free Soap Bases)
- Mermaid Blue Mica
- Plumeria Fragrance (for a tropical feel)
- 2 x Butterfly Single Cavity Silicone Moulds
- 2 x 250ml microwave safe jugs (plastic or pyrex)
- Stirring sticks or spoons
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritzer bottle (optional)
Place 150g of each of the soap bases into each of the small jugs and place into the microwave.
Heat in bursts of 30 seconds or less until the soap has melted and are liquid.
Add approximately ¼ teaspoon Mermaid Mica in the clear base and stir.
If there are any spots of mica, give them a quick spritz of Isopropyl
Alcohol to dissipate any dry spots or bubbles.
Add up to 2g/ml (approximately ½ teaspoon) Fragrance to each jug and stir well.
Now it's time to pour!
Take a jug in each hand and pour simultaneously into each mould.
If there are any surface bubbles, quick them a spritz with Isopropyl Alcohol to remove them (if you have some on hand).
Once completely set carefully peel back the moulds and remove the soap.
Wrap after unmoulding as usual.
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|