- 2½ cups of spring or distilled water
- 1½ cups sugar or equivalent natural sweetener such as Liquid Stevia Drops or Xylitol
- 6 Strawberries, halved and hulled - these turns the lemonade a pink colour
- ¼ cup Lavender leaves, chopped OR 1 tablespoon dried Lavender flowers (culinary grade or home grown)
- 2½ cups water
- 2¼ cups Lemon juice
- ½ cup Sugar
Optional: Fresh lavender flowers for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine the first 2½ cups water, sugar and hulled strawberries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes to extract all the colour.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lavender leaves or flowers. Cover and cool.
- Strain cooled herb liquid into large pitcher or jar, gently pressing juice from berries.
- Add remaining 2½ cups water and lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- Add ½ cup more sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Chill. Garnish if desired, and just before serving, add ice cubes.