Treat yourself to a soothing and relaxing facial treatment mask. We combine Aussie White Clay with Pink (golden) Brazilian Clay for a higher activity level and mineral content. Soothing Oat Extract, Colloidal Oatmeal and Green Tea Powder round off our formula for a DIY Spa facial treatment.
The Green Tea & Cucumber Fragrance contributes the light, fresh spa-like fragrance, and you can add Green Tea Powder (about 1 tablespoon) too if you would like to further enhance the mask. To include Green Tea Extract as well as the fragrance oil, add this to the Spring Water or Floral Water used to hydrate the mask immediately prior to using.
If you have never used a facial mask or mud pack before we recommend a patch test.
If you are concerned about having very sensitive skin we recommend you make a trial batch first with no fragrance and no essential oil at all. To obtain a light scent hydrate with Floral Water such as Infused Rose, Chamomile or Orange Flower.
This mask is suitable for normal to sensitive skin.
- 300g Aussie White Clay
- 50g Pink Brazilian Clay
- 50g Colloidal Oatmeal
- 3 - 5 (15 - 20g) teaspoons Green Tea Powder (from tea suppliers & Asian grocery stores)
- 1 cup Natrasorb Bath*
- 20g/ml Oat Extract (oil soluble) or other oil soluble extract
- 5 - 8g/ml Green Tea & Cucumber Fragrance or your preferred fragrance
- If you prefer Essential Oils we recommend:
5g/ml Calm Essential Oil Blend, or Roman Chamomile 3% in Jojoba (up to 8g/ml as it’s already diluted)
- 4 x 240ml Double Wall Jars (Note trolley only contains one jar, please amend this in your trolley)
*Use sufficient Natrasorb to ensure the Oat Extract and Fragrance are powdery dry like breadcrumbs
**I used a dull green Matcha Tea Powder, if your Green Tea Powder is very dark green in colour it can stain the skin. You can either use less if it's dark green, or a little more if it's a paler colour
Large mixing bowl
Small jug and beaker or glass
Sieve – useful but optional
Spatulas, spoons, baloon whisk
Assemble ingredients and measure the white clay, Brazilian Clay and Colloidal Oatmeal & Green Tea Powder into the large bowl.
Place the Natrasorb into the small jug.
Mix to combine the ingredients in the large bowl.
Add the Oat Extract and Fragrance or Essential Oil (if using) to the Natrasorb Bath.
Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the Natrasorb mixture into the large bowl and combine well mixing with the whisk.
Once the mixture is completely blended and smooth, spoon into the jars, seal and label.
- Assemble ingredients and measure the white clay, Brazilian Clay and Colloidal Oatmeal & Green Tea Powder into the large bowl.
- Place the Natrasorb into the small jug.
- Mix to combine the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Add the Oat Extract and Fragrance or Essential Oil (if using) to the Natrasorb Bath. Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the Natrasorb mixture into the large bowl and combine well mixing with the whisk.
- Once the mixture is completely blended and smooth, spoon into the jars, seal and label.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mask mixture into to 2 tablespoon of chosen liquids.
- Apply to the body or face and leave for 5 to 15 minutes depending on your skin type.
- Rinse away and pat dry.
- Moisturise as usual.
If using "Add to Trolley" Green Tea & Cucumber Fragrance are included. There are no Floral Waters included or Green Tea Extract, just add those to your order separately.
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|
|Yields:||4 Large Jars|