Everyone seems to love owls, and this tutorial features our Owl Embed Mould and makes guest soaps in our Budget-Wise Moulds. As they are guest soaps you make loads - this tutorial allows for a minimum of 12 bars, but if you have more clear soap on hand, you'll be able to make 18+.
What you need for lots of guest soaps:
- 720g SFIC Goatsmilk Melt and Pour Soap Base or SPC Crystal Triple Butter or Palm Free Goatsmilk Soap Base
- 150g any Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base (for the owls)
- Amber Bronze Mica
- 16 - 20g/ml Pineapple Papaya Fragrance
- 16 - 20g/ml Vanilla Colour Stabiliser
- 1 x 500ml and 1 x 250ml microwave safe jugs (or wash the 500ml one between pours)
- Spatulas, spoons or stirring sticks
- Digital Scales - Helpful but optional
- Thermometer - Really helpful, though optional - Ideally yoiu are pouring at around 60 - 65°C
- Pipette or Dropper for fragrance
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritz Bottle - Useful but optional
For each Batch making 6 guest soaps
Dice the 150g clear soap base and place into the small jug and microwave on medium in short bursts until liquid
Remove from microwave and add 1/8th teaspoon Amber Bronze Mica and stir.
If there are any dry spots give them a quick spritz of Isopropyl Alcohol and stir again until all powder is combined
Add 2g/ml Pineapple Papaya Fragrance and stir to combine
Pour into the owl mould and move aside to set up and is completely cold
Dice the 720g Goatsmilk Soap and place half (360g) into the larger jug
Cover the jug in the microwave and melt in short bursts until the soap is liquid. Take care not to overheat the soap –
if it overheats it will affect the fragrance and essential oils and make your soap more prone to sweating.
Add the 7g Pineapple Papaya Fragrance and 7g Vanilla Colour Stabiliser and stir well to combine
Unmould the little owls ready to embed - if they are still warm just leave them in the mould a little longer whilst you pour the first layer of Goatsmilk Soap
Fill each cavity two thirds full with the Goatsmilk soap and give them a spritz with alcohol
If you haven't already unmoulded the owls, they will be ready now, so go ahead and unmould them
Gently test the Goatsmilk Soap in the mould, if it is firm enough to hold the owls and the second pour you can continue
Then give a quick spray with Isopropyl Alcohol to the back of each owl and also to the surface of each cavity, placing the owls onto each soap as you go
Move from cavity to cavity pouring around the owls filling each cavity until they are a couple of millimetres from the top
Spritz with alcohol again and you've made the first batch!
Once the soap is completely cold it's time to unmould and then wrap as usual
Now repeat this process for the second six owls
If using "Add to Trolley" you'll see the SFIC Goatsmilk Soap is there, if you prefer Palm Free, just delete this and add the Palm Free Goatsmilk