This tutorial is a companion to our Bath Bomb Kit - Mermaids & Fairies with Eco Glitter
You can buy the kit HERE
The kit ingredients are divided into two portions, that way you'll have more control, and you will make two batches. There are two colours, use all the powder of one colour in each batch.
- 500g Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250g Citric Acid
- Half the supplied Kaolin Clay
- Up to 10g/ml (half a bottle) Essential or Fragrance
- A portion of Almond Oil with Vitamin E
- A portion of Polysorbate 80
- Mica Powder Colour - TWO colours supplied with kit
- Eco Glitter
- A large glass, ceramic or stainless steel bowl, a strainer or sieve, mixing spoon
- Prepare a surface with greaseproof or waxed paper (preferably on a muffin or baking tray), ready to un-mould.
- Add HALF of the dry ingredients (except colour) to a sieve and sift into a large bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add a pouch of ONE of the supplied mica colours.
- Carefully stir through the dry mixture.
- Now add 1/2 of the supplied Eco Glitter and stir through.
- Add the Fragrande or Essential Oil and measured Almond Oil and Polysorbate 80 to the dry mixture and stir through with a spoon.
- Now you can get your hands into the mixture!
- Begin to spritz the mixture with the Witch Hazel until the mixture begins to hold together.
- The mixture should hold together when squeezed VERY firmly in your hand and should still feel a little dry - if it feels moist it will start to activate. Patience is the key!
- If it crumbles away when squeezed, you'll need more spritzing to moisten the mixture further.
- Now on to moulding, you are nearly there!
- Add a light sprinkle of Eco Glitter to the base of the mould - just a sprinkle
- Spoon into the disc moulds, and press very firmly into each one.
- Add a light sprinkle of glitter on the surface and you are done!
- Wipe out the seals and then you can put the lids on in a couple of hours.
You can purchase the kit HERE