Soothing and moisturising, this Triple Butter Melt & Pour Soap has Aloe Vera and Vitamin E added to the base. The colour pattern is really nice as you wash through the bar, it's similar to king bamboo stems.
- 640g Stephenson Crystal TBS (Triple Butter) Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 150g Stephenson Cryatal SLS & SLES Free Melt and Pour Soap Base (any clear or transluscent base will work if you have off cuts)
- 4 teaspoons Aloe Vera Gel
- 5g Vitamin E (scant 1 teaspoon)
- 10g Sage and Lemongrass Fragrance
- Grass Green Liquid Lake Colourant
- 2 x microwave safe jug (1 medium, 1 small)
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Thermometer - Useful, but optional
- Pipette or Dropper for fragrance
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritz Bottle - Useful but optional
- Silicone Mould - Six Half Cylinder
Assemble the ingredients, soap base, mould and tools.
Dice 160g clear base into the small jug, and 640g TBS base into the larger jug.
Melt the white diced soap base in the microwave in short bursts of 30 to 40 seconds.
Check, stir and repeat until the white soap base has melted completely,
then add the Aloe Vera Gel, Vitamin E, 1 - 2 drops colourant and add 8g fragrance, then stir well to combine.
Now melt the clear soap and once it's liquid, add 2g fragrance and enough drops of green to make a deep, rich colour.
Pour a 1cm layer of pale green (white) soap into the base of each mould cavity.
Spritz with alcohol if there are any surface bubbles.
Now add the remaining green soap into the white jug ready for an "in the jug'
swirl - do not stir.
Carefully pour the remainder of the soap base on top of the soap in the mould.
To achieve the stripes as shown in our pictures, move the jug from end to end, do not pour from all 4 sides.
(Pour the soap along the length of the mould cavity).
Spritz with alcohol and leave to set up.
Once the soap is completely cold it's time to unmould and then wrap as usual.
If using "Add to Trolley" you'll see both soap bases are included in the basket - if you have clear soap offcuts on hand, just delete that soap!
|30 mins per batch