These botanical-infused, oval shaped soap bars combine the soothing, calming properties of Calendula, with the moisturising, rejuvenating benefits of Donkey Milk Melt & Pour Soap Base. Inspired by Stephenson Personal Care’s Calendula Donkey Milk Loaf, these individual soaps feature Calendula Petals throughout, bringing a gentle, textured feel to the bars. Our Apricot Freesia Fragrance Oil boasts a light, fruity-floral scent, making for a soothing and refereshing washing experience.
The mould we used is a six cavity mould (90g per bar). We poured six soaps and once those were unmoulded, we melted the remainder of the soap and poured the second batch of bars. The Fragrance Oil, Calendula Petals, and Calendula Extract can all be added to the initial melt down if you prefer, then gently remelt the remainder for the final pour. Alternatively, hold back half of the ingredients and make two different batches.
- 1000g Donkey Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 20g Apricot Freesia Fragrance (2%) or Essential Oil to your preference
- 40g Organic Calendula Extract (Water Soluble)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Dried Calendula Petals
- Budget-Wise Flex Mould - Domed Oval
- Pipettes or Droppers
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Sprtizer Bottle – Optional (In this soap it is only used to remove surface bubbles)
- Microwave jugs, spoons, stirrers and your usual equipment
Cut the Donkey Milk Soap Base into small chunks, and place in a microwave safe jug,
cover loosely, and then heat on medium/low in 30 second bursts. Keep the temperature of
the melted soap base to maximum of around 70°C.
Once liquid, add the Calendula Extract, Fragrance or Essential Oil/s,
and then the Calendula Petals
Stir slowly but thoroughly to combine all the ingredients
Carefully pour into the soap mould, spritz with alcohol to remove any surface
bubbles (if using) and allow to set completely.
Once completely cold, remove from the mould and make the second batch of soap.
We recommend wrapping the soaps, or storing in an airtight jar before use
|Yields:||10 - 12 bars|