This is a project to have fun with! It's a freestyled 'in the mould' Melt and Pour Soap project. I just had a play with the glitter, colour and soap bases with our fun, new Puffy Clouds (or soapy bubbles) mould. I love the results and anyone can do this for a little stress relief - no pressure and every soap will be individual!
Ingredients - mix and match
SFIC Cocoa Butter Melt & Pour Soap or Stephenson TBS Melt & Pour Soap
SFIC Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base or your preferred Stephenson Clear Soap Base
Astral Blue Mica Powder or Astral Blue Mica Colour Block
Silver Stargazer EcoGlitter
Sage & Lemongrass Fragrance or your preferred Essential Oil
Flexible Mould - 6 Bubbles or Puffy Clouds
Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritzer Bottle
For a nice floral twist on your Puffy Clouds, Neroli & Shea Blossom Fragrance is fabulous!
2 x microwave safe jugs - needs to hold 250ml or more (if Pyrex you'll need a pot mitt too as it can get very hot)
Stirring spoons or spatulas
Knife to cut the soap base
Pipette for Fragrance or Essential Oil
Small cup for mixing colour
Always ensure children are supervised, especially when handling hot soap and cutting.
Dice the soap base into 1 - 2 cm cubes. Place in jugs - I like to use small jugs for this type of soap.
Heat in short bursts in the microwave until melted, stir to dissolve any last unmelted pieces.
If using mica powder, hydrate with Isopropyl Alcohol (or use a colour cube if desired).
Add fragrance to both the jugs and stir well to combine.
I like the blue portion (in the clear soap base) to be a dark rich blue for the best contrast with the white soap and glitter.
If using glitter, add a light sprinkle in the base of the cavitiies.
Key to freestyling the pours for the clouds:
1. Sprinkle Silver Stargazer EcoGlitter in the mould base. Carefully pour over blue coloured clear soap base with the jug close to the mould surface.
2. Sprinkle Holographic EcoGlitter in the mould base. Take one jug in each hand, and then simultaneously and carefully pour both colours of soap into the mould.
3. Take one jug in each hand, and the simultaneously and carefully pour both colours of soap into the mould.
4. Nearly fill the mould cavity with white soap base and then use a little blue from a few inches above the rim of the mould swirling around as you pour.
5. Sprinkle Holographic EcoGlitter in the mould base. Carefully fill the mould cavity with white soap base.
6. Pure and simple! Fill the mould cavity with white soap base
When completely cold and set up, unmould the clouds and wrap or store in a jar.
|Yields:||9 - 10 bars|