Together with Shea Butter, Coconut Oil has historically been used to the treat hair and scalp. Most home-made “hot oil treatments” tend to be very difficult to wash out (ask me how I know!), so I have included some Polysorbate, a surfactant to help the oils rinse free after doing their job.
This treatment oil can help keep the hair soft and lustrous and can assist soothing the scalp.
If you are using an amber glass bottle to store this product it may thicken or “set” in winter and cool weather. Simply remove the lid, and microwave the bottle on medium low for 30 seconds to liquefy the oils again. Shake and then apply.
This product is unscented, but if desired simply add a few drops of your favourite fragrance or essential oil blend.
If you would like an oil that is always liquid, (using as a cold oil treatment) substitute the regular Coconut Oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
2g/ml Essential Oil or Essential Oil Blend or a Fragrance if desired (1%) *Not included in trolley items
1 x Bottle: Boston Squat Bottle (Clear), 200ml - with Disc Lid or 250ml Bottle Clear (Square) with Lotion Pump
- Combine all ingredients in a 250ml Pyrex jug (or other microwve safe jug)
- Heat just long enough for the Coconut Oil to melt
- Pour into the bottle and allow to cool
- That's it!
- Warm the oil by standing the bottle in a jug of hot water for a few minutes.
- Pour a enough oil to cover a 20 cent coin into your hand.
- Apply to the hair and scalp and massage well.
- Rinse away with plenty of warm water, or shampoo if preferred.
Depending on your type of hair, you may wish to leave the oil in your hair wrapped in a towel for 20 minutes.
You may also like to shampoo prior to the treatment, or after the oil treatment - just do what you personally like!
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|