Stephenson Crystal SS Melt & Pour Soap Base makes it's easy make your own customised Solid Shampoo Bars. This base is used like all Melt and Pour Soap bases and you can add whatever hair loving goodies you enjoy using. This recipe uses Organic Chamomile Extract and Hydrolyzed Oats, but you can also add Vitamin E, dl Panthenol, other herbal extracts and proteins and even Polyquat 7 (or other quats) for conditioning.
I like to make just two shampoo bars at a time (for personal use), but if you are gifting or selling your shampoo bars, just multiply the amounts of the additives accordingly.
You'll see from the graphics that the finished shampoo bars are a creamy colour - this is due to the dark colour of the Hydrolyzed Oats and extract, this is normal!
Ingredients for 2 Shampoo Bars:
- 240g Crystal SS Melt & Pour Soap Base
- 6g Chamomile Extract, Organic
- 4g Hydrolyzed Oats (or Genadvance Hydra if preferred)
- 20 drops (1g/ml) Chamomile, Roman Essential Oil (3%) in Jojoba (Organic)
- 1 x 10 pack Clamshell Moulds
- 1 x 500ml microwave safe jug (or larger if making full 1kg batch)
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Thermometer - Useful, but optional
- Pipettes or Droppers
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritz Bottle - Optional to remove any surface bubbles that form
Assemble ingredients and equipment.
Dice and weigh 240g Shampoo Bar Melt & Pour base into the jug and then melt the in short bursts
in the microwave until liquid - temperature should be around 70°C.
Stir to ensure all the soap is melted then add the Chamomile Extract, Hydrolyzed Oats and Chamomile Essential Oil.
Carefully pour into the clamshell bases and allow to set completely.
Done! You can see the colour is now a creamy or pale beige.
Label and pop on the lids and they are ready to use.
Though the batches are 240g per pour, making 2 shampoo bars at a time, if using "Add to the Trolley" you will have enough ingredients to make 9 shampoo bars.