Though we live in the southern hemisphere and our summer temperatures range between quite warm and very very hot, many of us still enjoy the festive feel of a northern hemisphere Christmas!
What you need:
- 4 Bay Leaves (fresh if possible)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cloves (Whole)
- 1 teaspoon Cloves (Ground)
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg (Ground)
- 2 Star Anise (Whole)
- 1 whole Orange - just the Peel
- 2 or 3 fresh Lemon slices
- ½ crisp Green Apple (optional)
- 900ml - 1 Litre Water
- Large Saucepan or Crock Pot (it's so HOT in Australia at Christmas so though you could put this on the cook top (and we don't actually have fires like the picture), I much prefer the Crock Pot option which generates less heat overall).
- Place all ingredients into the Crock Pot turn on until you have the aroma scenting your kitchen and home. I leave the lid slightly ajar to help the aroma circulate.