This buff-it bar recipe is a deliciously scented exfoliating bar to whisk away dead skin cells and stimulate circulation for a those summer legs (and booty)!
All natural, no need for a preservative as it’s anhydrous, and scented to your delight, this reciper is perfect for gifts too! To make a Vegan version, substitute 4 – 8g Rice Bran Wax instead of the Beeswax.
Heavy buffing or light buffing? The quantity of exfoliants can be varied, along with the pour temperature. You can see from our photo that one has exfoliants in the base, the other has them evenly distributed. The trick to achieving an even distribution of your exfoliant is to let the mix cool before pouring into the mould (around 30°C or just below). This way the granules don't sink straight to the bottom of the mould.
- 200g Cocoa Butter
- 90g Organic Shea Butter
- 20g White Beeswax Pastilles
- 30 - 40g Coconut Shell Scrub Granules (you can add more if you'd like more concentration)
- 8g Island Coconut Fragrance or Fragrance Oil of your choice
* You'll end up with some leftover ingredients for future projects!
- Pyrex or microwave safe jug *you’ll need a pot mitt (and more time) if using pyrex
- Stirring spoon and spatula
- Flexible Mould - 6 Bar Rounded Rectangle
- Your freezer!
- Weigh all the ingredients.
- Melt the Beeswax and Cocoa Butter in the microwave until liquid – keep an eye on the jug and don’t let it overheat.
- Once melted add the Shea Butter and allow the inherent heat to melt it by gently stirring. If necessary you can zap it for 30 seconds or so just to raise the temperature a little.
- Stir and check the temperature – this is the part that needs patience! The temperature needs to have dropped to around 40°C before you add the exfoliants.
- Continue stirring intermittently and when the temperature reaches 35°C stir in the Fragrance and/or Essential Oil.
- Continue stirring intermittently until you reach your preferred pouring temperature (around 30°C or just under).
- Pour into the moulds, and then place the mould into the freezer immediately.
- Remove from freezer in 5 to 10 minutes and unmould immediately .
To use: Shower as usual, rinse off soap. Rub buff-it bar in circular motions along legs, thighs and bottom. Ensure your skin is wet; do not use on dry skin.
|Palm Oil Free: