We're just in love with our new Maxi Cup Cake Lip pots, they are sure to brighten anyone's day! We used some of the Maxi Lip pots and as well as some of our Mini Lip pots for this batch. You'll find the Sunflower Maxi Cup Cake Lip Pots HERE. Currently our Regular Maxi, Mini Cup Cake Lip Pots and our Sweethearts Mini Lip Pots are unavailable. Of course you can also use our or regular Lip Pots or Tubes too!
Each batch makes approximately 50g in weight. The lip balm level should be 10g per pot, any more and the lid will touch the base when you close it, I actually find 9g in the Maxi pots is perfect.
- 60g regular Lip Balm Base, Premium
- 5g/ml Infused Calendula Oil or your favourite liquid oil
- 20 - 25 drops Lip Flavour
- 20 - 25 drops) Sweet Lips Sweetener
or for Vegans, use slightly less liquid oils as the base isn't quite as hard
- 40g Vegan Lip Balm, Perfume or Massage Bar Base
- 2g/ml Infused Calendula Oil or your favourite liquid oil
- 5 - 10 drops Lip Flavour
- 5 - 10 drops Sweet Lips Sweetener
Equipment You'll Need:
- 1 dropper or Pipette
- 1 Pyrex jug or mixing bowl - 250 - 500ml size
- Knife, spatulas etc
- Paper towels
Set out ingredients, equipment and the Lip Pots ensuring they are stable and level ready to pour into
I use a "rice bed" to sit my lip pots in, which supports the decorated tops when the pots are open
- Remove from Microwave when mixture is completely melted, but be careful not to overheat - aim to work at 70 - 85°C, if it is setting up at 70°C, work a little warmer
- Now add lip flavour and Lip Smacking Sweetener to taste (our measurements are just a guide) - test as you go, what is perfect for me, may be too sweet, or not sweet enough for you!
- You can test your batch for sweetness by dropping a small amount of balm onto a cold spoon and having a taste, adjust flavour if required
Carefully pour into the pots, just under filling them. If you over-fill them, when you close the lids, the top of the balm will stick to the lids. If the mixture begins to set around the spout or edges of the jug, just give it a short blast in the microwave again
- Allow to set completely, this doesn't take long
- Click down the lid and you are done!
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|
|Yields:||50 - 60g|