This is a yummy, quick and easy Lip Balm that is included in our trio Fairy Floss Set here.
I do not normally use our microwave safe 100g Lip Balm containers that the balm is packed in straight into the microwave, but as I knew I wanted 10 – 12 pots it saves on washing up! The quantity you make depends on how full you make the pots. This balm is quite firm as I have not added any extra liquid oil – basically it’s Western Australia, it’s summer, so this is going to be a whole lot softer until we reach next autumn.
PLEASE USE GREAT CAUTION IF YOU ARE melting the balm this way, if in doubt place the balm into a jug as usual.
This tutorial is also on a single page together with the Fairy Floss Melt and Pour Soap Tutorial and Fairy Floss Single Use Sugar Scrub Cubes.
What you need:
- 100g Lip Balm Base (I used Nourishing, Vegan)
- 10 -15 drops Cotton Candy Lip Flavour
- 10 -15 drops Sweet Lips Sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Raspberry Mica
- 10 – 12 Blossoms Lip Pots Style # 1
- Pipette or dropper
- 2 small coffee stirrers or similar
- Thermometer is handy, but not essential
Tip: Testing for taste is really important! I use the “toffee” method, ie a cold metal spoon, drip one or two drops of lip balm onto the cold spoon, check it’s cool to touch, and then have a taste. You’ll know if you prefer a little more flavour and sweetener and adjust to your preference.
- Remove the lid from the tub of lip balm and place in microwave on medium/high and melt in bursts of 30 seconds, take care not to over heat it. If you have a thermometer I like to melt to 75°C and pour at 70°C or just below.
- Once you see there is only a small piece of balm floating in the liquid, remove from the heat and gently stir until this melts.
- Now add the Lip Safe Mica, and stir to ensure there are no dry spots.
- Add 10 drops each of Sweet Lips Sweetener and Cotton Candy Flavour and stir well. If the balm is cooling and the oils begin setting up, just give it a gentle re-melt in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Pour time! If you are using the original container, you can actually give it a GENTLE squeeze to form a bit of a lip, and then pour directly into the lip pots. I like mine filled just shy of the rim.
- Allow to set up, put on the lids, label or bag, and you are done!
You can see all three tutorials for this set on one page with trolley items HERE
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|
|Yields:||10 - 12 pots|