Niacinamide Powder is the active form of Vitamin B3. This cosmeceutical is a safe and non-irritating ingredient offering many benefits in skin care products. It can be of benefit in caring for photodamaged and aged skin and helps to retain the moisture in your skin, assisting in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Niacinamide supports collagen production, skin renewal and is said to help protect against airborne irritants. Niacinamide is one of the most effective natural ingredients used in refining the skin.
Niacinamide can be used alongside dl Panthenol (its strengthening properties are well-known and widely used in professional formulations) for dual benefits. This white crystalline powder is freely soluble in water and alcohol and soluble in glycerine.
Certified Vegan / Phthalate Free / Paraben Free
Applications and Usage Rates:
- Products used for anti-aging skin including sagging skin – up to 2%
- Oily and acneic skin preparations – up to 4%
- Preparations for rough or patchy skin products – up to 5%
- Sun care products – up to 5%
- Products for reddened or uneven skin tone - up to 5%
- Add to the water phase of formulations
- Can be added directly into a finished cream or base cream
- Final pH of product should be non-acidic at around pH 5 - 7 (this prevents possible hydrolysis of Niacinamide to Nicotinic Acid which can irritate the skin
Not for internal use, cosmetic application only
Please see Additional Information tab for technical specifications.
|Appearance:||White or almost white crystalline powder|
|Solubility:||Freely soluble in water and in alcohol; soluble in glycerine|
|pH (0.5g in 10ml H2O):||6.0 - 8.0|
|Melting Point °C:||128.0 - 131.0|
|Face & Skin Care:||Yes|
|Storage:||In a cool dry place, protected from moisture|
|Shelf Life:||5 years|
|Country of Origin:||India|