We recently had the Technical Chemist from the manufacturer of Oliv-Emulse visit us, and this inspired us to formulate some more simple, but amazingly effective formulas. This lotion is very, very light, and sinks in immediately it is applied. I prefer this with a very light scent, or none at all.
Use this for an instant hydration and facial freshen up, or after a little long in the wind or sun. This formula works well in an Air-less or Serum pump, or use a Boston Bottle or Pump Bottle.
- 558g Distilled Water (93%)
- 30g Oliv-Emulse (5%)
- 6g Hydrolyzed Oats (1%)
- 3g (60 - 70 drops) Preservative of choice (0.5%)
- Up to 3g (60 - 70 drops) Essential Oils or Fragrance (0.5%) if desired
- Pots or Jars
- Measure and heat Distilled Water in Pyrex Jug until it reaches 75°C
- Now add the Oliv-Emulse and blast with the stick blender a few times
- During cool down, give one or two zaps on the stick blender periodically
- During this period, add the Hydrolyzed Oats
- When the formula reaches approximately 37 – 40°C, add the preservative, and then the Essential Oils or Fragrance
- Whisk with the small balloon whisk periodically until cold, this keeps the formula silky smooth