VARISOFT® EQ 65 is a green, readily biodegradable conditioning agent with a high flash point. This speciality ingredient helps improve the conditioning properties of wet and dry hair and also acts as an emulsifier providing the distinctive, dry and powdery skin feel and sensory profile typical of cationic emulsions.
VARISOFT® EQ 65 is a cationic or positively charged ester quat derived from stearic acid and combined with cetearyl alcohol which acts as a thickener and conditioning agent that produces rich and creamy hair conditioners.
Preparations made with Varisoft EQ 65 are substantive and conditioning to skin and hair, while improving wet detangling and combing, and offer superior dry combing and hair feel.
- Substantive to hair and skin
- Offers increased volume, bounce, and improved wet and dry feel as well as wet and dry combing compared to Cetrimonium Chloride
- Improves detangling and wet combing of hair
- Provides good wet feel of hair
- Superior dry combing and dry feel of hair
- Does not weigh hair down - recommended for fine hair
- Substantive to skin with good water resistance
- Cationic emulsifier for skin care emulsions
- Eco and green Hair conditioners, leave in conditioners and masques
- Moisturisers and lotions
- Conditioning emulsions
- Smooth and low tack after-sun creams and lotions
- Colour cosmetics
- NOT recommended for bleached, dyed, chemically processed or damaged hair. (Use BTMS25 or 50)
Check out our VARISOFT® EQ 65 Formulation Tips HERE!
CAS # 67846-68-8, 67762-27-0
pH (5% solution): 3.0 - 6.0
Melt Point: 80 - 85°C *It is important to take the formulation temperature to 85°C.
Solubility: Dispersible/soluble in water
ECOcert and COSMOS green certified, RSPO MB
Storage: Store away from direct light and humidity 10°-25°C
Usage Levels: 1.0% - 10.0% - in the water phase heated to 75°C
Country of Origin: Germany
INCI: Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride; Cetearyl Alcohol
For full usage information please download this PDF from the Manufacturer.
|INCI:||Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride; Cetearyl Alcohol|