This natural, eco-friendly formulation has minimal ingredients and is a wonderful starting point for a basic hair conditioner. Customise the formulation to suit your needs by replacing some of the distilled water with infused waters, herbal extracts, or botanical extracts. We recommend the addition of Genadvance Hydra at 1 – 2%.
For tips and tricks using this eco ingredient please see THIS link.
Equipment you'll need:
1 x Pyrex or microwave safe jug – should hold about 600 to 750ml
1 x Small microwave safe jug
Stick blender, scales, spatulas etc
Medium ziplock bag - optional - used to pipe the hair conditioner into the bottle
Note: Follow the usual lotion making instructions found HERE but you will need to heat the phases to a higher temperature for this emulsifier. Don’t forget to ensure you sanitise all equipment - especially the whisk - it's best practice to have dedicated lotion making equipment.
Method & Notes
- Combine the Phase A ingredients and heat to 85°C whilst stirring, continue mixing until all ingredients are dissolved. Combine with stick blender (keep blades under the surface) for 30 seconds.
- Once homogenous, stir periodically during cooling to approximately 40°C
- Then add the preservative and fragrance and mix well to combine
- You achieve maximum viscosity from giving the nearly cool mixture a final mix at around 30 – 40°C.
- Adjust to pH 4 to 4.5 with a 50% citric acid solution and bottle the final product.