Adjustable Cutting Tool for Handmade Soap
This adjustable, single wire soap cutter, slices your Cold Process Soap loaf or column into uniform, professional looking bars with one smooth move! Adjust the width of your soap bars by securing the slide tray to your desired width - anywhere from 0 to approximately 4.5cm, using the measurement markers on the runway area.
- For tall or textured top bars, lay the soap on its side to cut. This is also a good option to avoid drag marks in your soap if you have included exfoliants.
- Internal width takes a log up to approximately 10cm wide (you can go a bit wider if necessary).
To use: Tighten the tension screw on the handle to ensure a straight, smooth cut through your soap. Secure the slide tray at the desired width by using the measurement markers on the runway tray. Make sure the wingnut is nice and tight, to avoid any movement while you slice! To ensure neat vertical soap slices, stand over the top of the guide as you exert pressure on the handle to avoid any sloped bars. Soap should be as fresh as possible; the harder the bar, the more pressure required to cut soap.
After use: please do not forget to take pressure off of the wire by lightly turning the tension screw on the handle.
Check out our larger, wooden version of this cutting tool HERE!
Overall Dimensions: 33cm long x 21cm wide x 19cm overall height (External)
Internal Dimensions: 29.3cm x 10cm (though soap has space for overhang if required), 14.2cm from tray to inside handle (maximum height of soap)
- Not suitable for Melt and Pour Soap
- Best used on fresh Cold and Hot Process Soap
- Supplied with replacement wires (you can purchase additional replacement wires from your local fishing or hardware store - ask for single strand lure wire)
- This product is supplied flat; Assembly required (just connect the D-shaped handle to the base)