This natural Lip Balm only uses Cera Bellina as a hardener, with a touch of Coconut Oil (10%) Mango Butter (5%) to lower the melt point. It sets up fairly firmly, but is probably not suited to Lip Tubes in the warmer months of the year. To make it a lot softer and more gel like, just cut back the Cera Bellina and replace with more liquid oils. The luscious colour comes from the Virgin Avocado Oil and it can be left unsweetened and unflavoured. I like a touch of sweetness and used 1% Sweet Lips in my batch.
This batch filled 7 x Blossoms Lip Pots and 2 Mini Mushroom Jars, so note if using "add to trolley" function below, you will need to add your preferred style of lip jar and flavour as they are not included in the items. We are currently unable to restock our Blossoms Pots, so have substituted an alternative.
- 25g Cera Bellina (25% *)
- 30g Fractionated Coconut Oil (30%)
- 23g Avocado Oil, Virgin (23%)
- 10g Coconut Oil (10%)
- 5g Mango Butter, Premium (5%)
- 3g Infused Calendula, Oil Soluble (3%)
- 1g Vitamin E (1%)
- 2g Flavour Oil (2%) - Optional – if not using increase Avocado Oil by 2g (2%)
- 1g Sweet Lips Sweetener (1%)
*For Lip products suggested usage rate is 20%, but I have upped this to 25% in this formula. If you prefer a softer product you can drop it back to 20g, and change the Mango Butter to 10g, or an even softer balm with adding the 5g to one of the liquid oils instead.
- Weigh the first five ingredients into a safe container and warm until melted - ideally to around 55 - 60°C.
- When the temperature is around 40°C, add Sweetener and Flavour Oil and stir well to combine.
- Use a cool glass or coffee mug base and drip a few drops of balm onto it, it will set up very quickly. Test this cool balm for taste and firmness.
- Adjust if necessary.
- Carefully pour into lip pots.
- Allow to cool and set up completely before popping on the lids
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|