This gorgeous Sea Clay soap and is featured in our new Formulating with Cosmetic Clay Book. It is scented with the unisex scent, Lavender & Cedar, which is perfect for this type of soap. Although this is a fairly simple Cold Process Soap, it's best to have some experience before making clay soap.
This batch makes one full Silicone Column Mould plus two large single bars of soap, or you can use a loaf mould and you won’t need the extra mould cavities. If you have not worked with discounted water cold process soap, take extra care when mixing the Lye and Distilled Water as the mixture will be quite concentrated.
- 127g Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
- 270g Distilled Water
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) Sodium Lactate Plus
- 40g Mediterranean Sea Clay (or your preferred clay)
- 50g Distilled Water
- Silicone Column Mould plus spare moulds for left over soap
- Equipment – all your usual safety and Cold Process Soap equipment including stick blender.
- Glass beaker or cup to hydrate the clay.
If you are a beginner, we recommend you make a few batches before attempting this soap due the clay content. For how to make soap from Scratch, please see our Cold Process Soapmaking Instructions. You can also watch Soap Queen's You Tube Series on Cold Process Soapmaking.
SAFETY REMINDER: Always wear protective gloves, goggles and long sleeves. Avoid distractions - take the phone off the hook, ensure children and pets are not in your soaping zone. Remove any tripping hazards, clear away clutter to avoid mishaps and ensure there is good ventilation.
- Place the clay into a beaker or small jug and add the 50g distilled water and stir to ensure it is evenly dispersed.
- Set aside whilst you prepare the soap batch (this can be done in advance).
- Prepare the soap as usual, don't forget to add the Sodium Lactate Plus to the lye water.
- Now everything is ready to go!
- Bring soap to light trace and then add the clay slurry and the Lavender and Cedar Fragrance.
- Bring the soap to medium trace using the stick blender.
- When you have a nice medium to heavy trace it's ready to pour.
- Pour into the mould/s and encourage gel.
- Cut and cure as usual.
If using "Add to Trolley" Lavender and Cedar Fragrance is included. Olive Oil, Distilled Water and Sodium Hydroxide are not included, you will need to purchase these separately at the supermarket
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|
|Yields:||10 - 14 bars|