This is a basic, easy to make cream that is really nice and smooth, moisturises well and leaves your skin soft and supple. It's good for facial application at night, or as a body cream if you prefer. This lotion is suitable for Malibu Tubes or a jar if you prefer.
This formula, like our Beginners Lotion, is an easy, basic moisturiser for your first attempt. Read our Lotion Making Instructions, and have everything ready to go and dive straight in! Set everything out, have all the ingredients pre-weighed and follow temperatures closely and you'll be fine.
- 467.2g Distilled Water (77.86%)
- 1.8g (¼ tsp) Citric Acid (0.3%)
- 1.8g (¼ tsp) Guar Conditioner (0.3%)
- 1 pH strip
- 48g Veg Emulse (8%)
- 44g Coconut Oil (regular 76°F, not Fractionated) (7.33%)
- 11g Organic Shea Butter (1.83%)
- 11g Silc-Oliv (can sub in Dimethicone if preferred) (1.83%)
- 11g Sodium Lactate Plus (1.83%)
- 2.4g Liquid Germall Plus (0.4%) or Nipaguard SCV (1%)
- 1.8g 20 - 30 drops Neroli & Shea Blossoom Fragrance or your preferred Fragrance or Essential Oils (0.3%)
- 1 x 10 pack 50ml Double Wall Jars
For instructions on how to make Lotions from Scratch, please see our Basic Lotion Making Instructions page.
1. Step One is to hydrate the Guar Conditioner and Distilled Water. Combine the water, Citric Acid and Guar Conditioner in a mixing vessel. Check the pH for close to neutral (yellow/orange) - this will ensure the Guar Conditioner disperses well.
2. Return to the usual lotion making procedure.
3. Heat both the water phase and oil phase in separate jugs in the microwave, heat to 70 – 75°C.
4. Remove the water phase from the microwave and add the Sodium Lactate.
5. Now combine the phases and use the stick blender to create an emulsion.
6. Stir intermittently during cool down until the temperature is around 30°C, then add the preservative and fragrance, or essential oils.
7. Continue to hand mix intermittently until the lotion is at room temperature.
8. I like to leave this lotion to settle overnight (as it will become a little thicker) and then package the next day for full viscosity.
9. Either pour or pipe the lotion into tubes, jars or tubs.
If using "Add to the Trolley" the smallest retail sizes of all the ingredients are included. These will make a LOT more than 600g of lotion - only purchasing 100g of Veg Emulse means you will make 1.2kg of lotion for the price (you'll still have some left over ingredients though! To drop the cost of the lotion, you can upgrade the size of the Veg-Emulse to 500g and make more than 9 batches of lotion. There is only one set of 50ml Double Wall Jars included, so you can adjust the quantity or size up or down.
|Yields:||2 x 600g|