Now don't be daunted! If this is your first attempt, this formula will ease you into lotionmaking! Read our Lotion Making Instructions, and have everything ready to go. Like the Boy Scout motto, be prepared! Set everything out, have all the ingredients pre-weighed and follow temperatures closely and you'll be fine.
This is a very basic, easy to make, pumpable lotion that is still really nice and light and leaves your skin soft and moisturised. Its good for facial application as well as the body if you like a light moisturiser. This lotion is suitable for Tottle or Malibu Tubes, Pump or regular Boston Bottles or a tub if you prefer.
There are several choices below of emulsifier - don't know why to choose? Emulisfying Wax NF is our recommendation, and it's included in the trolley items.
- 375g Distilled Water (75%)
- 30g Glycerine PF (6%)
- 30g Veg Emulse or Emulsifying Wax NF or CA C20 E Wax (6%)
- 60g Fixed Oil Of Choice (12%) - Try Sweet Almond, Macadamia, Apricot Kernel, Meadowfoam or Rice Bran etc
- 2.5g (2 ½ droppers) Phenoserve (0.5%)
- 2.5g (2 ½ droppers) Essential Oils or Fragrance of Choice (0.5%)
Cosmetic Containers Starter Pack
For instructions on how to make Lotions from Scratch, please see our Basic Lotion Making Instructions Page
If using Add to trolley, please then go and select your preferred fragrance or essential oils