This is a pumped up but simple uncoloured, Melt and Pour Soap which is suitable for little ones as well as grown ups who want a gentle, cleansing natural soap bar. The Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base is enhanced with natural additives to make it that much more special. Soothing and moisturising, it's pure and natural. I left it uncoloured for my "grown up" soap, but I also make this for gifts with the "other option" of colour and fragrance which is great is baby baskets.
- 700g Shea Butter Melt & Pour Soap Base or choose Palm Free Goatsmilk Melt and Pour Soap Base if preferred
- 10g (2 teaspoons) Shea Butter Oil
- 10g (2 teaspoons) Chamomile Extract
- 5g (1 teaspoon) Sodium Lactate Plus
- 40 drops (2g/ml) Chamomile, Roman Essential Oil 3% in Jojoba
- 50 drops (2.5g/ml) Lavender French Essential Oil
Combine a few drops of Liquid Pigment Dispersion Royal Purple if you prefer a lavender coloured bar and switch the Essential Oils for Baby Bedtime Lavender Artisan Fragrance Oil.
- 1 Litre microwave safe jug
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Thermometer - Very useful, but optional
- Pipette or Dropper for fragrance
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritz Bottle - Useful but optional
- Silicone Mould - Six Half Cylinder *If you would like to drop the price a bit, we suggest substituting with our Budget Wise Flex Mould - Domed Oval
Assemble ingredients, soap base, mould and tools.
Measure the additives into a ceramic or glass beaker. (Shea Oil and Chamomile Extract).
Melt the diced soap base in the microwave in short bursts of 30 to 40 seconds. Check, stir and repeat until the base has melted.
Pour the Essential Oils and additives into the melted soap base.
Stir gently, but thoroughly to ensure all liquid additives are combined well.
Carefully pour the soap into the mould and allow to set up.
Unmould after a couple of hours and then wrap as usual.
Repeat to make a second batch of 3 bars.
You can also add our Free Cigar Band Label Template HERE