Our Shower Steamer Tablets are easy to make and do the job! You can purchase a Pure Esential Oil Blend on this page, or you might like to look at the suggestions below. Note the trolley does not contain essential oils; you'll need to select and add those separately. We used our Disc Mould Packs for our Shower Steamers, and this means you can re-use the moulds over and over again.
If you find you want to use a liquid to help 'bind' the powders together, and to help the Essential Oils mix more easily, Polysorbate 80(15g) is a good choice becasue it won't make the shower floor slippery. However, these tablets will not be Palm Free if you include this. The other option is to add a fixed oil, such as Grape Seed or Rice Bran Oil - oils have a major drawback and that is that the floor of the shower will become quite slippery. If using the oils do take extra care in the shower!
- 1kg Bicarbonate of Soda
- 500g Citric Acid
- 10 - 20g/ml Essential Oils, or a Blend of Essential Oils
- 10 pack Disc Moulds + a few spare mould cavities
- A large mixing bowl or jug
- Sieve, helpful but optional
- Spatulas, spoons etc
- Disposable gloves for hand mixing
- Spritz Bottle with distilled water, spring water or witchazel
- 1 dropper or Disposable Pipette
- Sift or sieve the Citric Acid and Bicarbonate of Soda into a bowl and stir thoroughly
- Add the essential oils a few drips at a time to avoid setting off the fizzies, mix in well with your hands or a spoon
- Next start to moisten the batch by spritzing with water or Witch Hazel. Mix with your hands (gloves on!) – about 4 “spritzes” at a time. Don't use too much spray or you will activate the bomb mixture! The mixture should ALWAYS feel dry.
- Try squeezing the mixture in your hand, if it doesn't hold together it needs more mixing and squeeze testing!
- Watch out for a temperature drop in the mixture – this is the point when you have added enough moisture – it will suddenly feel cold
- The mixture should hold together when squeezed VERY firmly in your hand, and should feel a little cool but still fairly dry – if it feels moist it will start to activate. Patience is the key!
- Now on to moulding, you are nearly there!
- Spoon dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into mould bases, pressing it down firmly. Continue this until you have filled the mould. Pack the mixture slowly and quite tightly
- When you have filled the mould, use the back of a spoon to compress and smooth the surface down nice and flat. Brush out into granules from the rim.
- Beware of open doors and humidity, both will tend to activate the unsealed bombs and unused mixture
- Done! Pop on the lid and make a swing tag or label .
What are Parts in a Blend?
A 'part' is a measurement or ratio. For instance, if you have 1.5kg of mixture (as you do with this product) you are going to be using approximately 30g Essential Oils - this is 2%. So you know you have 30 parts needed, which equals 30g, 1 gram = 1 part.
Now apply this to this product, using the first blend below as an example.
If 1 part = 1g, and you want 30g (2%) and the blend parts add up to 10, so you times the parts x 3. You now have 12 parts or grams of Eucalyptus, 6 parts or grams of Ginger and 12 parts or grams of Rosemary.
2% of these particular Essential Oils is quite a lot of punchy Essential Oils, so you may prefer to use 1%, which is outlined below too!
Aching Muscles and/or Head Cold
1 part = 1g
| 6g Blue Eucalyptus Essential Oil
3g Ginger Essential Oil
6g Rosemary Essential Oil
For the following, you can use the 'part'
Spiced Lavender20 parts Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
7 parts Patchouli Essential Oil
3 parts Clove Bud Essential Oil
|Colds & Flu||Energising Blend|
|Pick Me Up|
NOTE: If using Add to Trolley there are no essential oils in the items, please select these individually
|Palm Oil Free:||Yes|