These deliciously scented soaps are made with our Espresso Martini Fragrance and have coffee grounds drifting through the darker colour swirl. These can be "served" whole in cubes, or cut them to reveal their hidden secret! I sometimes find cubed soap a little awkward in the shower, and when giftiing these I pre-cut them diagonally in halves so they turn into two bars, but wrapped together for presentation. We currently have no stock of Cube Moulds so suggest adjusting the soap to either a loaf mould or single cavity rectangle moulds.
- 1250g WSLES SLS Free White Melt and Pour Soap
- 200g SLES SLS Free Clear Melt and Pour Soap
- 25g/ml Espresso Martini Fragrance
- 25g/ml Vanilla Colour Stabiliser
- ¼ & ½ teaspoon Espresso Mica
- 20 - 30 drops Yellow Liquid Pigment Dispersion
- 1 tablespoon dried Coffee Grounds (3 x Nespresso pods or your local cafe are good sources)
- 27 coffee beans to decorate
- 9 Cubes Silicone Soap Mould - currently unavailable, we suggest using a similar mould or a loaf mould retangle shape works well.
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Blue Spritz Bottle
1 litre or larger microwave safe jug (or crockpot)
1 small microwave safe jug
1 small squeeze bottle (or ex-tomato sauce bottle)
Scales – useful but not essential
A square piece of card to cover the larger jug in the microwave
- If you are making large volume pours, a crockpot is useful for the large volume of soap base
- To make this project using our SFIC natural soap bases substitute with Clear and Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Soap Bases
- To make this using our Palm Free Soaps, try Mango Butter and Palm Free RC Melt and Pour Soap Bases
- Dice and weigh the soap bases into separate jugs.
- Melt the SLES & SLS FREE (Clear) Crystal Soap Base in the small jug to about 65 - 70°C, but don’t let it boil – heat in 30 second bursts and stir each time.
- Stir to ensure it is completely liquid.
- Add the dried coffee grounds, the Latte Mica and 5g/ml Espresso Fragrance and stir well ensuring there are no dry spots. If there are dry spots a light spritz with Isopropyl Alcohol will dissipate these.
- Pour this mixture into the squeeze bottle and set aside in a warm spot.
- Now melt the White SLES & SLS FREE Crystal Soap Base to about 65 - 70°C, but don’t let it boil – heat in 30 second bursts and stirring each time.
- Once completely melted add the rest of the fragrance, Espresso Mica and Vanilla Colour Stabiliser and stir well. Spritz with alcohol if there are any dry spots of mica.
- Pour the scented, coloured white soap base into the moulds, filling equally (which is about 2/3 full) - leave approximately 1 - 2cm in the jug to pour over the top of the bars later.
- Spritz with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Check the dark brown soap in the bottle, and if it has begun setting up give it a few quick blasts in the microwave to loosen it. Keep the soap just liquid enough to squeeze.
- Place the nozzle of the bottle just at the surface of the soap and give it a firm squeeze - this will ensure the soap is "injected" down into the still liquid soap so that it spreads around under the surface ready for the "reveal" once it has set up.
- Re-melt the balance of the coloured white soap mixture ready to pour over the top.
- Spray the surface with alcohol and then pour a thin layer over a few of the cavities and place 3 beans into the liquid soap overpour.
- Continue with the overpour and coffee beans until they are all finished.
- When finished allow several hours, or preferably overnight to set up.
- To unmould, carefully release the airlock in the out sides of the cube cavities and then invert the mould.
- Press the heel of your hand on the base of the mould and the soap will begin to release down and you can take out each cube.
- Wrap as usual.
If using the "Add to the trolley," Stephenson SLES & SLS FREE Crystal Clear and WSLES & SLS FREE Crystal White Soap Bases are included, but if you prefer you can switch to your preferred base in the trolley.